Substitute Application DO NOT PRINT DOUBLE SIDEDReturning Substitute Package DO NOT PRINT DOUBLE SIDEDReturning Substitutes2017-18 school year returning substitute meeting will be held Monday August 14, 2017 12 pm - 2 pm in the Boardroom of the Administration Building at 100 Walter Stephenson, Midlothian, TX.Returning Sub packets are available now our website or you may pick one up at the Administration Building. Please return promptly. School starts August 21, 2017New Substitute Teacher Applicants
Application Process for Fall 2017Begins August 1 and ends August 30, 2017.
- Substitute applications available at L.A. Mills Administration Bldg., 100 Walter Stephenson Rd. or download from the website Substitute Application
- Attach a copy of your driver's license, social security card, high school diploma, college transcripts and teaching certificate (if applicable). You'll need a beneficiary's social security number to complete the FICA alternative program form
- Return original completed sub packet to the L.A. Mills Administration Bldg.
- Applicants who have met the criteria [including fingerprints] and have been approved for substitute teaching will receive an email and/or postal notification.
- Only those who have received this notification will be eligible to attend the training.
RequirementsYou may be removed from the district's substitute roster if:
Fall 2017 Training - Wednesday September 13, 2017 100 Walter Stephenson, 8 am - 12 pm
- You have poor performance or misconduct
- You repeatedly turn down or reject assignments, repeatedly unavailable for calls, or frequently cancel assigned positions
- You do not accept at least 4-5 assignments per month
Daily RateMidlothian ISD pays $65 per day for substitutes with a high school diploma or GED, $70 per day for substitutes with a four-year college degree, and $80 per day for substitutes with teacher certification from any state. Substitute terms for the same teacher for longer than 10 consecutive days, the pay increases to $95, $105, and $125 for each level of certification. If a substitute is used for a paraprofessional, the rate is $65 per day, regardless of the certification level. Paraprofessional pay increases to $81 after 10 consecutive days for the same staff member.