Substitute Teacher Applicants
(Please do not print two-sided)
Application Process Begins December 14, 2016
- Substitute applications available at L.A. Mills Administration Bldg., 100 Walter Stephenson Rd. or download from the website
- Attach a copy of your driver's license, social security card, high school diploma, college transcripts and teaching certificate (if applicable). You'll need a beneficiary's social security number to complete the FICA alternative program form
- Return original completed sub packet to the L.A. Mills Administration Bldg.
- Applicants who have met the criteria [including fingerprints] and have been approved for substitute teaching will receive an email and/or postal notification.
- Only those who have received this notification will be eligible to attend the training.
You may be removed from the district's substitute roster if:
- You have poor performance or misconduct
- You repeatedly turn down or reject assignments, repeatedly unavailable for calls, or frequently cancel assigned positions
- You do not accept at least 4-5 assignments per month
Spring Substitute Training
Substitute training is Wednesday, February 1, 2017 from 8:00am - 12:00pm at the L.A. Mills Administration Building.
All applications must be completed and returned no later than Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - No exceptions!
This training is for NEW applicants to the district. If you
have previously worked for Midlothian ISD, you do not need to attend the
training, unless it has been five years or longer.
Midlothian ISD pays $60 per day for substitutes with a high school diploma or GED, $65 per day for substitutes with a four-year college degree, and $75 per day for substitutes with teacher certification from any state. Substitute terms for the same teacher for longer than 10 consecutive days, the pay increases to $95, $105, and $125 for each level of certification. If a substitute is used for a paraprofessional, the rate is $60 per day, regardless of the certification level. Paraprofessional
pay increases to $70 after 10 consecutive days for the same staff member.