MARCH 2018 (LOCAL)
HEROES OF MIDLOTHIAN FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP 2018
HEROES OF MIDLOTHIAN FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP 2018 - DEADLINE - APRIL 6, 2018 COMPLETED
Heroes of Midlothian Foundation awards educational scholarships to help offset the cost of completing higher education and training, including at universities, colleges, academies, vocational schools, and certification programs. The memorial scholarships honor the legacy of local heroes by helping enrich and educate the next generation of Midlothian-area heroes.
Any student graduating from a Midlothian I.S.D. high school may apply. The scholarships are merit-based and awarded by considering an applicant’s academic background, community involvement, future plans, and critical thinking abilities.
Two scholarships may be awarded. $1000 annually, up to $4,000 over four years, per scholarship. Each scholarship’s $1,000 is disbursed in equal payments in early August and January for the award year.
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION (FOLLOW DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY) - ALL APPLICATIONS ARE ELECTRONIC ONLY. Complete the application form in standard PDF software (free Adobe Reader XI or above recommended) and email a saved copy of the completed application to email@example.com.
INEZ LEWIS SCHOLARSHIP 2018 . DUE: MARCH 9, 2018 - completed!
INEZ LEWIS SCHOLARSHIP 2018 - completed!!!
Presented by: The Ellis County Republican Women (ECRW) PAC
This scholarship is to assist a graduate of an Ellis County ISD High School with college expenses. Student must enroll in an accredited college.
Two (2) Scholarship and Amount:
The scholarship will be awarded to the recipient upon completion of registration in an accredited college. The scholarship will be issued in the amount of $1,000.00 and will be payable at $500 per semesters of his/hers freshman year.
Guidelines for Eligibility:
- The student must be a 2018 graduate of an Ellis County ISD High School.
- The student must be in the top 25% of his/her class.
- The student must take either the SAT or ACT; copy of student’s score must be included with the application
- The student must submit an application and autobiography (as described below).
THE AWARD WILL BE FOR 2 - $1000.00 AWARDS AND WILL BE PAID AS $500 FOR EACH SEMESTER AFTER MEETING REQUIREMENTS.
2018 ALPHA KAPPA DELTA "FUTURE EDUCATOR" SCHOLARSHIP . DUE: 4/3/18
2018 ALPHA KAPPA DELTA "FUTURE EDUCATOR" SCHOLARSHIP . DUE: 4/3/18 - completed!!!
ADK is a sorority for women educators. It is our goal to offer this scholarship to a young person
planning to enter the field of education. The winner will be notified at his/her school’s honor
assembly or by mail if the assembly has already taken place. The scholarship is for $1,000
(divided into four payments: $250 a semester for four semesters.)
1. Complete the application (type or print CLEARLY)
2. Attach a copy of your high school transcript
3. Deadline: RECEIVED BY APRIL 3
4. Applications should be mailed to: Janet McClung, 212 Terrace Drive . DeSoto, TX 75115
THE JOHN LEE FOUNDATION MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: MARCH 31
The John Lee Foundation is pleased to announce they will be awarding two $1,000 scholarships to student-athletes in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for the class of 2018.
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2018. - completed!
About the John Lee Foundation
John Lee was a rising senior in Mansfield, Texas when he passed away over the summer of 2017 while playing basketball due to sudden cardiac arrest triggered by an undetected heart condition called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM). At the time, John was being heavily recruited by several Ivy League and High Academic Universities. The John Lee Foundation seeks to be an advocate for student-athletes by investing in progressive research to cure HCM, promoting bettter, more frequent screenings for timely detection and raising awareness of this silent disease through advanced education.
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct students to apply here:
LONE STAR AG CREDIT SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: MARCH 10, 2018
LONE STAR AG CREDIT SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: MARCH 10, 2018 - completed!
LONE STAR AG CREDIT WILL AWARD SIX (6) GRADUATING SENIORS A $2,500 SCHOLARSHIP IN 2018.
• Application form
• Résumé containing work experience, community service, organizational involvement and leadership positions
• List of honors, awards and special accomplishments
• Current transcript of grades
• Two (2) letters of recommendation from agricultural leaders (For example: teacher, farmer, rancher, extension agent, elected official)
• Two (2) page essay to detail: “My Plan for a Career in Agriculture”.
Applicants must be graduating in the spring of 2018 and submit their application, postmarked by March 10, 2018.
The application must include three (3) copies of the following: Lone Star Ag Credit reserves the right to confirm eligibility requirements. Family members of Lone Star, ACA employees and board of directors are not eligible.
Winners will be notified in May and the scholarship will be issued to the college or university to which the student has been accepted. Students not receiving a scholarship will not be notified.
M.E. SINGLETON SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: APRIL 6, 2018
M.E. SINGLETON SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: APRIL 6, 2018
The 2018 M.E. Singleton Scholarship application is now available. High school seniors are invited to apply by completing the electronic application via the website, http://www.singletonscholarshi
p.org/ApplyNow.aspx. I strongly advise the students to review the Home page for any information or questions they may have.
Students selected will be awarded an $8,000 scholarship divided into $1,000 per semester for four years. There is also a Merit award that is a one-time gift of $1,000.00.
In addition to the application, each student must submit via the website the following documents:
* Copy of High School Transcript (does not have to be official, copies are accepted).
* Copy of the first two pages of parent's/guardian's most recent Tax Return. (This is a must as one of the criteria's of the scholarship is financial need)
* Current Photo.
* Essay (less than 500 words, explain why you should become a recipient).
* Two letters of recommendation from a principal, superintendent, counselor, teacher, or pastor/priest.
The deadline to submit the completed application with all the required documents is Friday April 6, 2018 at midnight.
WAXAHACHIE JUNIOR SERVICE LEAGUE SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: MARCH 26, 2018
The Waxahachie Junior Service League Scholarship was established to recognize and reward students
who have demonstrated leadership through service to the community. It is a $1,500 scholarship paid
directly to the school you will be attending. It must be used within 12 months after being awarded.
Application must be postmarked by March 26, 2018 - completed!
Return completed packet to:
Waxahachie Junior Service League
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 294 Waxahachie, TX 75168
MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL BOOSTERS SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: MARCH 29, 2018 EXTENDED TO APRIL 11, 2018
Midlothian Football Boosters Scholarship Application
Due March 29, 2018 - EXTENDED TO APRIL 11TH!!!!!
Four - $500 Scholarships Awarded
- Applicant must be a Midlothian High School Graduating Senior.
- Applicant must have been on the football roster for Midlothian High School their Senior year.
- Applicant must be in good standing with Midlothian High School and the Football program.
- Applicant must be entering college or a technical school in the year of graduation.
Documentation Required – the following must be submitted
- Application – Computer generated or handwritten. Handwritten applications MUST BE LEGIBLE AND NEAT. Proper sentence structure and spelling is required. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A typewritten personal statement – No more than 250 words detailing why you should be awarded the scholarship. The statement should include any relevant information such as: scholastic achievement, commitment to the community, educational and career goals, family background and any other pertinent information.
March 29, 2018, 3pm. Turn in to COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER. EXTENDED TO APRIL 11TH!!!!
2018 SCARBOROUGH RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: MARCH 15
Scarborough Renaissance Festival® would like to announce that we will be giving a $1000 Scholarship to an Ellis County High School Senior from the Class of 2018.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Applicant must be a High School Senior, resident of Ellis County, Texas and must have participated in band, orchestra, choir, art/or drama/theater for a minimum of one (1) year during their High School Education.
Children of full time Southwest Festivals employees are not eligible for this scholarship.
ELLIS COUNTY MASTER GARDNER ASSOC SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: MARCH 16
ELLIS COUNTY MASTER GARDENERS 2018 SCHOLARSHIP
A horticulture-related scholarship administered and awarded
by the Ellis County Master Gardeners Association
Award amount per recipient: Up To $3000 per Recipient
Application is open to high school graduating senior students of Ellis County, Ellis County home school programs in 2018 and former ECMGA College Scholarship Awardees currently enrolled in horticulture/life sciences programs/degree plans that are continuing their college/university studies regardless of socioeconomic level, race, color, gender, disability or national origin.
.I. Applicant Qualifications:
- Must be a current resident of Ellis County, a senior student currently enrolled in an Ellis County high school, or Ellis County Home School Program. In addition, former ECMGA College Scholarship Awardees currently enrolled in horticulture/life sciences degree plans may also apply for a 2018 ECMGA scholarship to continue their college/university studies.
- Elected academic major is in a horticulture/life sciences - related field that includes, but is not limited to: horticulture, agriculture, biology, botany, chemistry, entomology, environmental science, forestry, genetics, landscape design, sustainable agriculture, urban geography, urban planning and horticulture-related business.
- Notification of current registration at an Ellis County High School, Ellis County Home School program or for former ECMGA College Scholarship Awardees their college or university.
TEXAS TELEPHONE ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: MARCH 30
2018 TTA Foundation Scholarship Application and Guidelines
The Texas Telephone Association Foundation (TTAF), a non-profit, philanthropic organization founded to help further the understanding of telephony and advance telecommunications as a career choice, will award six, four-year scholarships, in the amount of $2,000 per year to students entering college for the 2018-2019 school year.
Through March 30, 2018, the TTA Foundation will accept applications for scholarships to be granted beginning Fall 2018. It is our intention to fully review every application submitted. Therefore, TTA Foundation will accept a maximum of two qualified applications per high school counselor. (For example, if your school has three counselors, you may submit a total of six applications.) The Scholarship Committee will make its selections from those applications which meet the following criteria and include the required materials:
¨ U.S. Citizen;
¨ Student graduating from a Texas high school no later than June 2018;
¨ Student achieving a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (out of a possible 4.0);
¨ Student planning to attend a Texas college or university by the Fall of 2018;
- A completed application postmarked no later than March 30, 2018, including a current transcript
- A letter of acceptance from a Texas college or university where student has been accepted.
- Copy of student’s SAR (Student Aid Report).
- Do not send incomplete applications. Do not send additional information to be added to your applications once the original application has been sent.
Please note--special consideration will be given to students who will be pursuing a college degree in fields of study which are of particular interest to telecommunications (such as math, business, education, technology, engineering, and computer science, etc.). The courses of study in high school, extra-curricular/civic activities and demonstrated leadership will also be considered. In addition, special consideration will be given to students who have established financial need.
COMMUNITIES FOUNDATION OF TEXAS - DUE: MARCH 1, 2018
Last year Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT) distributed approximately $1.4 million dollars in scholarships. We are pleased to announce our Winter 2018 Scholarship cycle is open! Please check our website where one application opens the door to numerous scholarship opportunities.
Act soon! The first deadline is as early as March 1, 2018!
JACCI VITOVSKY COMMUNITY SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: MARCH 30, 2018
Jacci Vitovsky was an honor graduate in her high school class of 1973. She was a member of the German Club, 4-H, Girl Scouts, and Office Education Program during her school career. She also taught Sunday School and was a member of her church choir. She has always been a participant in her school and community.
The recipient must be a member of the senior class and possess the following characteristics:
- Participation in community service 0 - 15 points
- Character and Leaderships 0 - 10 points
- Participation in HS community service clubs 0 - 10 points
- Academic ability 0 - 10 points
- School Attendance 0 – 5 points
SCHOLARSHIP - $250. FOR ONE MALE AND ONE FEMALE
ELLIS A&M CLUB SCHOLARSHIP -DUE: MARCH 16, 2018
The Ellis A&M Club seeks to award $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors from area high schools that will be attending Texas A&M University in College Stattion. The club will also consider qualified students planning to transfer to Texas A&M from another college or university, or who have previously attended Texas A&M but have had to miss oe or more semesters, provided they are otherwise qualified.Please submit your application by mail to:Ellis A&M Club Scholarship Committee, P.O.Box 246, Red Oak, TX . 75154All Applications must be received or postmarked on or before March 16, 2018. Applications postmarked after March 16, 2018 wil not be considered.
LINDA "MOX' MOXLEY INDIAN TRAILS MASTER NATURALIST SCHOLARSHIP -DUE: MARCH 23, 2018
This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from Ellis or Navarro counties who majors in a horticulture-related field that includes, but is not limited to horticulture, agriculture, environmental science, animal science,, forestry, botany, biology (e.g. plan genetics, plant physiology), landscape design or entomology.
Requirements: must be in the top 255 of his/her class
must take either the SAT or ACT: copy of student's score must be included with the application
must submit application, current photo, and essay
two letters of recommendation from teacher, counselor, or priest/pastor
DUE: MARCH 23, 2018
MANNA HOUSE/GENE RODGERS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: MARCH 30, 2018
WEST ELLIS COUNTY RETIRED SCHOOL PERSONNEL SCHOLARSHIP - DUE: MARCH 23, 2018
This is a $1,000 one time scholarship awarded to a senior student who plans to enter the field of education.
Send your completed application by March 23, 2018 to:
113 Tanner Dr., Waxahachie, Texas 75165