• Q & A regarding Disability

    Who is our disability carrier and where do I get a disability claim form?

    Our disability carrier is Standard and a disability claim form is posted on the Midlothian ISD website. Go to Staff and click on Benefits. You will find a disability claim form under “Useful forms”.


    What is the policy number?



    Where do I send my completed claim form to and when?

    ALL completed forms go to Kara Hemmle in Benefits, including the Attending Physician’s Statement.  Complete the disability claim form as soon your Physician puts you on disability.


    How do I find out what my benefit waiting period is and my monthly disability benefit?

    The information is on your confirmation form that you received when you signed off on your benefits or you may Contact Kara Hemmle at 469-856-5011. 


    When and how will I receive my benefit check from Standard?

    It will be mailed directly to your home address and it takes approximately 10 days once Standard has received all appropriate paperwork.


    Is there anyone else I need to inform that I will be going out on disability other than my supervisor?

    Yes, you need to contact Kelly Golden in HR at 469-856-5012.


    Standard Insurance Company 1-800-368-1135