Upcoming Counseling Dates
INCOMING 9TH GRADE COURSE SELECTION TIMELINE:
INCOMING 7TH & 8TH GRADE COURSE SELECTION TIMELINE:
INCOMING 6TH GRADE (2019-2020) COURSE SELECTION TIMELINE:
- THURSDAY DECEMBER 20, 2018 - EXAMS IN 1, 3, 5, 7 PERIODS
- FRIDAY DECEMBER 21, 2018 - EXAMS IN 2, 4, 6 PERIODS (2 HOUR EARLY RELEASE)
8th Grade PSAT Testing
- Thursday 1/24/19 - All 8th grade students will take the PSAT. Students are registered through school and reports will be sent out late in the Spring semester.
8th Grade Parent/Student Night at MHS Auditorium
- Tuesday 12/4/18 - High School Counselors will present on Personal Graduation Plans, Endorsements and Course Selections for High School.
- Thursday 11/15/18 - Grant Halliburton Foundation has a number of programs aimed at teaching people how to recognize the signs of distress or suicidal crisis in a young person and how to lead them to help. A Halliburton presenter will discuss signs of distress and suicidal crisis with our 8th grade students through Social Studies classes.
- Thursday 11/8/18 - NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. A NAMI presenter will discuss "Ending the Silence" with our 7th grade students through Social Studies classes.
Mix it Up Lunch
- Tuesday 10/23/18 - Students are encouraged to reach out and sit with someone new at lunch. Meet a new friend! Mix it Up!
Confidence Code Girls Small Group
- Starting Thursdays in October through PE
Start with Hello Week 9/24/18 - 9/28/18
- Monday 9/24/18 - Show promo video @ https://safeshare.tv/x/XGVsIYsUVwE#
- Tuesday 9/25/18 - “Compliment Day”
- Wednesday 9/26/18 - Friends of Rachel Club will be handing out “Start with Hello” messages.
- Thursday 9/27/18 - “Random acts of Kindness Day” - Encourage students to spread kindness throughout the day today and every day. Art/Essay contest entries are due today by 4:00 PM
- Friday 9/28/18 - Thank you for your participation this week. Reflect on how we can continue the ideas/acts of kindness encouraged by “Start with Hello” throughout the school year.