Hello DME family! My name is Nikki Moon and I am the counselor at McClatchey Elementary. This is my first year in Midlothian but my 11th year in education. I have been a school counselor for seven years and have also worked as a Kindergarten teacher and Special Education counselor. Not only am I a counselor, but also a fellow parent! Social Emotional learning is so important and I thoroughly enjoy teaching life skills through guidance lessons and small groups. My mission is to help your child reach their maximum level of academic achievement and we help facilitate that through our comprehensive guidance program. We also help organize charity events, promote college and career readiness and encourage student leadership. Please reach out to me if you have any questions, needs or concerns. We are all here to make sure that school is a wonderful experience for your child. I can't wait to meet everyone and connect with our wonderful school family!
- Classroom lessons
- Individual counseling
- Small groups * Please note that school counselors do not provide “therapy.” Referrals for outside counseling services are available for children and families who would like additional support.
I am here to help you with:
- Setting Goals
- Feeling good about yourself
- Learning how to make decisions
- Managing your feelings
I am available to assist and provide you with:
- Exploring ways to help your child succeed
- Consultations regarding your child’s needs
- Referrals for community services
(469) 856-6600 ext.6612