Frequently Asked Questions
School systems must post a summary of the plan they will follow to mitigate COVID-19 spread in their schools for parents and the general public, one week prior to the start of on-campus activities and instruction. MISD plans to have this summary plan posted in early August. School systems are required to provide parents a notice of their public education enrollment and attendance rights and responsibilities during the COVID-19 pandemic using a document published by TEA.
- Per TEA, what practices are school systems required to implement to prevent the virus from entering the school?
- Per TEA, what practices are school systems required to implement to respond to a Lab-Confirmed Case in the School?
- Per TEA, what practices are school systems required to implement to Mitigate the likelihood of COVID-19 spread inside the School?
- Will the number of positive cases at each campus be shared publicly and timely?
- If a teacher tests positive for COVID, are they required to quarantine for 14 days?
- If a teacher tests positive for COVID-19, is their sick leave paid?
- If a teacher who tests positive for COVID-19 has 5 classes a day with 30 students each, do all 150 of those students need to then stay home and quarantine for 14 days?
- From the example above, would all 150 students be required to be tested for COVID-19?
- What if someone who lives in the same house as a teacher tests positive? Does that teacher now need to take 14 days off of work to quarantine?
- Once a teacher test positive and is required to quarantine for 14 days, how does the district plan to find substitute teachers who will work in a potentially exposed classroom?
- Will there be guidelines in place for the types of masks that are allowed to be worn?
- What is the cleaning solution used for COVID disinfectant?
- If a person in a class is diagnosed and has exposed the entire class, will the entire class be quarantined? If those individuals have siblings or the teacher has children, will they and their classes or schools be quarantined?
- Will my student be required to wear a face mask?