Elementary Sample Daily Schedule
Midlothian ISD is committed to providing rigorous learning for students in the Virtual Academy that align with the at-school learning. The Virtual Learning will include daily live teacher-led instruction (synchronous learning) mixed with independent activities through Seesaw in grades K-3 and Canvas in grades 4-5 (asynchronous learning). The teacher will also conduct small group lessons during the day for differentiated instruction. All live teaching will be conducted through a video conferencing tool. The times required for live instruction will be determined and communicated by the teacher to parents with approximately 3 - 4 hours of live, synchronous instruction each day.
Updated schedules will be coming soon. As all MISD students will begin school virtually on August 20, the district is working on updated schedules to allow for flexibility during the first three weeks of virtual learning.
Midlothian ISD expectations for synchronous learning time:
- Students attend virtual class on time.
- Students will dress appropriately as if in a school building.
- Students are ready to learn.
- Students should have a designated, distraction-free, quiet workspace to engage in learning.
- Students will show their face on the screen to engage with the teacher virtually during designated, daily times.
- Students will participate in the daily live instruction.
Midlothian ISD expectations for asynchronous learning time:
- Students should complete asynchronous activities assigned each day.
- Students show proof of participation in daily virtual learning by satisfactorily completing assignments to demonstrate evidence of student learning, ie., video, picture or activities submitted as lessons and/or completing assignments in Seesaw (PreK-3) or Canvas (4-5) or other online programs on a daily basis.
- Students should communicate with the teacher when needing additional assistance, tutoring, etc.