2021 Logo Competition
The Midlothian ISD Education Foundation (MEF) is looking to the Midlothian community to help design a new logo that represents the mission and vision of the Foundation and better aligns with the branding of MISD.
The new logo should be a visual representation of MEF’s mission which is to support the
educational programs for both students and staff of MISD. The Foundation works to provide funds for educational programs and activities that either have not been funded or have been under-funded because of budgetary constraints.
● Required: The words “Midlothian ISD Education Foundation” should be used as the primary name in the logo.
● Professional: This logo will be used in all marketing efforts representing MEF including our website, social media, brochures, signage, etc. The logo must be professional, legible, scalable, and follow logo design best practices to be considered.
● Theme: The new logo should be a visual representation of MEF’s purpose which is to support the educational programs for both students and staff of MISD. The Foundation works to provide funds for educational programs and activities that either have not been funded or have been under-funded because of budgetary constraints. The mission of the Midlothian ISD Education Foundation is to generate and distribute resources to the Midlothian Independent School District.
● Color: The logo should feel familiar to the colors of the Midlothian Independent School District including Midlothian Blue, Jaguar Red, White, Light Gray, Mild Gray, Slate Gray, Dark Gray, Black, and White.
● Integrity: Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). We are looking for original and creative logo designs. Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published. The logo must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
● Midlothian ISD student body
● Midlothian ISD staff members
● Midlothian College students (Navarro College of Midlothian, Tarleton State University of Midlothian)
● Residents of Midlothian (or anyone living in the MISD school zone)
● All logos must be submitted via https://forms.gle/J8Gd6w8xn1Sq25rw5
● You may submit multiple logo designs.
● Submissions will require:
○ First and last name
○ Email address
○ Phone number
○ School and grade (if applicable)
○ College and year (if applicable)
○ JPEG or PDF logo file upload (the winner will be required to provide AI or EPS vector files)
● Deadline for submission: April 30, 2021
● Selection of finalists will be made by: May 10, 2021
● Announcement of Winner will be made by: May 27, 2021
○ Winner will receive a gift basket and a $100 Visa gift card
Midlothian Independent School District Style Guide:
Morandi Pro Extended Black
These fonts do not have to be used in the new logo design but fonts used should complement the MISD fonts.
The MEF logo designs should complement the MISD logo so that when the MISD and MEF logos are placed side by side they need to look good together. They should not look the exact same. The MEF logo should be its own unique brand with familiarity to the MISD brand.
The colors used in the MEF logo designs should be consistent with the following MISD colors.
Approved Colors (In Addition to black and white)