Overview of Department
"Developing Character and Community through Musical Excellence”
Students begin band in the sixth grade and can look forward to a comprehensive, sequential music education that continues through the twelfth grade. If a student has not participated in the sixth grade but is interested in joining band, please check with the band directors. Throughout their study, students will be provided a thorough foundation in individual performance fundamentals with an emphasis on developing ensemble concepts and skills.
We are proud of the tradition of excellence that our band programs enjoy. With your help and support, we look forward to continuing this tradition of educational excellence in music.
We believe that Music is essential to the Human Condition. Through the pursuit of excellence in the performance of Marching and Concert Band literature, we strive to provide the students with a context for hard work, discipline, leadership, goal setting, collaboration, dedication and devotion to a product that is greater than the sum of its parts. It is our goal to instill in each of our students a lifelong love of music with which they will better themselves, their families and their communities.
Opportunities Available for Students
Beginning Band, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Color Guard, Percussion Ensemble
Opportunities Available for Parents
Midlothian HS and FSMS Boosters. Midlothian Heritage and WGMS Boosters.
Performances Open to the Public this Year
All performances are open to the public. Please check the calendar for dates/times/locations.
Awards Received Over the Years
- 22 Consecutive UIL Superior Ratings in Marching Band
- 12 Consecutive UIL Area Top-10 Finishes - Midlothian HS Panther Regiment
- 21 Consecutive UIL Superior Ratings in Concert Band
- 2019 OPS 1st place and 2nd place finishes - Walnut Grove MS Band
- 2019 OPS State Finalist - Heritage HS Jaguar Band
- 2018 TMEA 4A Honor Band State Finalist - Heritage HS Jaguar Band
- 2017 UIL State Marching Contest - Alternate - Midlothian HS Panther Regiment
- 2017 Best Communities for Music Education by the NAMM Foundation - Midlothian ISD
- 2016 National Wind Band Honors - National Winner - The Foundation for Music Education - Midlothian HS Panther Regiment
- 2015 Sudler Flag Winner - John Philip Sousa Foundation - Midlothian HS Panther Regiment
- 2014 Performing Ensemble - Midwest International Band and Orchestra Clinic - Midlothian HS Panther Regiment
- 2010 Performing Ensemble - Southeastern Band Directors Clinic
- 2008 Performing Ensemble - Western International Band Clinic
- 2006 Performing Ensemble - Music Educators National Conference