Midlothian ISD offers a variety of benefit options for its employees. BlueCross BlueShield healthcare plans are provided in partnership with TRS along with the Scott & White HMO. Supplemental benefits are administered through US Employee Benefits (MISD's Third Party Administrator) and retirement plans through OMNI.
Employees working a regular schedule of 10 or more hours per week may participate in the TRS-ActiveCare health insurance plans. Employees working a regular schedule of 17.5 hours or more per week may participate in the supplemental plans.
Our medical plan year is September 1st through August 31st. A $320 benefit is paid towards the total premium cost of the TRS-ActiveCare health insurance plans for employees who are TRS eligible.
To review in detail your supplemental benefits, click the link to the right and take a look around the Midlothian ISD Benefit Portal.
Each new employee has 30 days from the date of employment to complete their enrollment with the Insurance/Benefits Specialist. Participation in the healthcare benefits will be effective on either (1) an employee’s active day of employment, or (2) the first of the month following the active day of employment. Supplemental insurance benefits will be effective on the first of the month following the employee's first day of employment.
If a new employee chooses not to enroll within the initial 30-day signup, the next opportunity for enrollment will be during the next Annual Enrollment. Special circumstances such as a change in marital status, dependent status or employment status of an employee or spouse may qualify for an exception to this rule. Contact the Benefits Office for further clarification.
- Who is our disability carrier and where do I get a disability claim form?
- What is the district policy number?
- Who do I send my completed claim form to and when?
- How do I find out what my benefit waiting period is and my monthly disability benefit?
- When and how will I receive my benefit check from Standard?
- Is there anyone else I need to inform that I will be going out on disability other than my supervisor?
- Aetna - 800-222-9205
Caremark - 866-877-1555 (Prescription Drugs)
- MetLife Dental 1-800-438-6388
- Combined Insurance/CHUBB 1-800-635-4467
- Superior Vision 800-507-3800
- TASC (Flex System) 800-422-4661
- The Standard (Disability) 800-368-1135
- Texas Life 800-283-9233
- OMNI 877-544-6664
- Fidelity Life 800-635-4467
- Teachers Retirement System 800-223-8778
- HSA Bank 1-800-357-6246
For additional information or questions, please contact Kara Hemmle at firstname.lastname@example.org.