Midlothian ISD offers a variety of benefit options for its employees. BlueCross BlueShield healthcare plans are provided in partnership with TRS along with the Scott & White HMO. Supplemental benefits are administered through FBS Benefits (MISD's Third Party Administrator) and retirement plans through OMNI.
Employees working a regular schedule of 10 or more hours per week may participate in the TRS-ActiveCare health insurance plans. Employees working a regular schedule of 17.5 hours or more per week may participate in the supplemental plans.
Our medical plan year is September 1st through August 31st. A $370 benefit is paid towards the total premium cost of the TRS-ActiveCare health insurance plans for employees who are TRS eligible.
Inside, you will find detailed information about your employee benefits program including benefit summaries, claim forms, administrative forms, customer service numbers, provider directories and direct links to the insurance carriers. You will also find some helpful information regarding each employee benefit product so you can choose a benefit package that's right for you and your family.
Each new employee has 31 days from the date of employment to complete their enrollment with the Insurance/Benefits Specialist. Participation in the healthcare benefits will be effective on either (1) an employee’s active day of employment, or (2) the first of the month following the active day of employment. Supplemental insurance benefits will be effective on the first of the month following the employee's first day of employment.
If a new employee chooses not to enroll within the initial 31-day signup, the next opportunity for enrollment will be during the next Annual Enrollment. Special circumstances such as a change in marital status, dependent status or employment status of an employee or spouse may qualify for an exception to this rule. Contact the Benefits Office for further clarification.
- Who is our disability carrier and where do I get a disability claim form?
- What is the district policy number?
- Who do I send my completed claim form to and when?
- How do I find out what my benefit waiting period is and my monthly disability benefit?
- When and how will I receive my benefit check from Standard?
- Is there anyone else I need to inform that I will be going out on disability other than my supervisor?
- BlueCross Blue Shield 1-866-355-5999
- Caremark - 866-877-1555 (Prescription Drugs)
- Cigna Dental 1-800-244-6224
- Combined Insurance/CHUBB 1-800-635-4467
- Superior Vision 800-507-3800
Allstate Cancer 1-800-521-3535
RediMD 866-989-2873, option 3
Higginbotham - FSA (effective 2/1/22) 1-866-419-3519
- The Standard (Disability) 800-368-1135
- Texas Life 800-283-9233
- Fidelity Life 800-635-4467
- Teachers Retirement System 800-223-8778
- HSA Bank 1-800-357-6246
Life Lock 1-800-416-0599
For additional information or questions, please contact Kara Hemmle at email@example.com.