Welcome to Pre-K Enrollment for the 2018 - 2019 School Year!
Pre-kindergarten hours are 7:45am - 2:00pm
Transportation will not be provided.
Children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2018 AND qualify by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Pre-K Application Completed HERE.
- unable to speak or comprehend the English language; or
- educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program)
- homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302 and 11434,
- the child receives Medicaid Free or Medicaid Reduced benefits
- have a parent that is on active military duty, or a child of an injured, disabled, or deceased member of the armed forces,
- is, or ever has been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
How do I begin the enrollment process for my child?
Where will my child attend Pre-K?
To determine your child's attendance zone, visit www.misd.gs/schoolboundaries
Pre-K Campus Your Child Will Attend
Mt. Peak, LaRue Miller, J.R. Irvin
Mt. Peak Elementary
Longbranch Elementary & McClatchey Elementary
T.E. Baxter Elementary
T.E. Baxter Elementary
Required Documentation for Enrollment:
- Driver’s License
- Child’s Social Security card
- Original State Issued Birth Certificate (copy must be made at school)
- Need a Birth Certificate? If your child was born in Texas, a copy may be obtained at Ellis County Courthouse. For information call 972-825-5070. If your child was born out of state, consult the State of birth for information.
- Two proofs of residency: Mortgage statement, lease agreement, or closing document and either a current (within last 30 days) electric, gas, or water bill showing the physical address.
- Child’s complete immunization record:
-Kindergarten MUST be immunized for DTP, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hep-A, Hep-B, and Varicella (Chickenpox)
-Pre-Kindergarten MUST be immunized for the above Kindergarten vaccines in addition to HIB and Pneumococcal Conjugate