Welcome to Pre-K Enrollment for the 2019 - 2020 School Year!
Pre-kindergarten hours are 7:30am - 2:00pm
Transportation will not be provided.
Children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2019 AND qualify by meeting one of the following criteria:
- unable to speak or comprehend the English language; or
- educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program)
- Click HERE to see income level qualifications.
- homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302 and 11434,
- the child receives Medicaid Free or Medicaid Reduced benefits
- have a parent that is on active military duty, or a child of an injured, disabled, or deceased member of the armed forces,
- is, or ever has been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- is the child of a person who has been nominated for or received the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
How do I begin the enrollment process for my child?
STEP ONE: Complete eligibility application form HERE.
STEP THREE: Parents will turn in their child's eligibility application, all needed eligibility documentation stated on the application, and all enrollment documents:
- Through May 31 at their home campus
- From June 3 - August 6 by appointment only at the Administration Building, 100 Walter Stephenson Rd., Midlothian, Tx 76065.
- After August 6 at their home campus.
For more information please contact Becki Krsnak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Required documentation for eligibility is listed on the eligibility application form.
Required Documentation for Enrollment:
- Driver’s License
- Child’s Social Security card
- Original State Issued Birth Certificate (copy must be made at school)
- Need a Birth Certificate? If your child was born in Texas, a copy may be obtained at Ellis County Courthouse. For information call 972-825-5070. If your child was born out of state, consult the State of birth for information.
- Two proofs of residency: Mortgage statement, lease agreement, or closing document and either a current (within last 30 days) electric, gas, or water bill showing the physical address.
- Child’s complete immunization record:
-Kindergarten MUST be immunized for DTP, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hep-A, Hep-B, and Varicella (Chickenpox)
-Pre-Kindergarten MUST be immunized for the above Kindergarten vaccines in addition to HIB and Pneumococcal Conjugate
Where will my child attend Pre-K?
To determine your child's home campus, visit www.misd.gs/schoolboundaries. Based upon enrollment numbers, there is a posssibilty your child may not attend PreK at their home campus. Parents will be notified upon acceptance and documentation completion as to the PreK campus their child will attend for the 2019-2020 school year.