PreK Enrollment for the 2020-2021 School Year
has begun....see our PreK Enrollment 20-21 page for more info!
For any questions or information, email Becki_Krsnak@misd.gs
Welcome to Pre-K Enrollment for the 2019-2020 School Year!
Pre-kindergarten hours are 7:30am - 2:00pm
Transportation will not be provided.
Pre-Kindergarten State Requirements:
Children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2019 AND qualify by meeting one of the following criteria:
- unable to speak or comprehend the English language; or
- educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program)
- Click HERE to see income level qualifications.
- homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302 and 11434,
- the child receives Medicaid Free or Medicaid Reduced benefits
- the child attended a public school for PreK 3 year old program
- have a parent that is on active military duty, or a child of an injured, disabled, or deceased member of the armed forces,
- is, or ever has been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- is the child of a person who has been nominated for or received the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
How do I begin the enrollment process for my child?
Turn in Eligibility Form with Verification Documents** needed to Becki Krsnak at Administration Building or at email@example.com OR to the campus. This is required to determine if your child qualifies for PreK based upon the state guidelines.
Gather the below required documents for online enrollment:
- Driver’s License
- Child’s Social Security card
- Original State Issued Birth Certificate (copy must be made at school)
- Need a Birth Certificate? If your child was born in Texas, a copy may be obtained at Ellis County Courthouse. For information call 972-825-5070. If your child was born out of state, consult the State of birth for information.
- Two proofs of residency: Mortgage statement, lease agreement, or closing document and either a current (within last 30 days) electric, gas, or water bill showing the physical address.
- Child’s complete immunization record:
-Kindergarten MUST be immunized for DTP, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hep-A, Hep-B, and Varicella (Chickenpox)
-Pre-Kindergarten MUST be immunized for the above Kindergarten vaccines in addition to HIB and Pneumococcal Conjugate
- Complete the online enrollment application linked here: ENGLISH FORMS or SPANISH FORMS. You will be asked to submit documentation from your child's previous school. Please upload a blank sheet of paper to satisfy this "required field" and continue to complete the online process. If you need further assistance while completing this process, please call our support desk at 469-300-4849.
Once campuses re-open, paper copies of your child's eligibility form with verification document, all needed eligibility documentation stated on the application, and all enrollment documents will need to be taken to your child's campus. An MISD representative will call you personally to arrange a time to complete this step.
For more information please contact Becki Krsnak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Required documentation for eligibility is listed on the eligibility form in Step One.
Where will my child attend Pre-K?
To determine your child's home campus, visit www.misd.gs/schoolboundaries. Based upon enrollment numbers, there is a posssibilty your child may not attend PreK at their home campus. Parents will be notified upon acceptance and documentation completion as to the PreK campus their child will attend for the 2019-2020 school year.