Pre-kindergarten hours will be 7:45am - 2:00pm
Transportation will not be provided.
Children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2018 AND qualify by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Pre-K Application Completed HERE.
- unable to speak or comprehend the English language; or
- educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program)
- homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302 and 11434,
- the child receives Medicaid Free or Medicaid Reduced benefits
- have a parent that is on active military duty, or a child of an injured, disabled, or deceased member of the armed forces,
- is, or ever has been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
How do I begin the enrollment process for my child?
Residents of the Midlothian Independent School District can now begin the pre-enrollment process for incoming 2018-2019 Kindergarten students. Follow the links below to get started!
In July 2018, those who have completed online enrollment will receive a 2018-19 Pre-K Application. Parents will return the complete application and all required documentation to the appropriate Pre-K campus in early August 2018. Placement is on a first-come, first-serve basis and incomplete documentation will slow down the approval process. Once eligibility has been determined, parents will be notified by the campus and provided further information.
To determine your child's attendance zone, visit www.misd.gs/attendancezones
Pre-K Campus Your Child Will Attend
Mt. Peak, LaRue Miller, J.R. Irvin
Mt. Peak Elementary
Longbranch Elementary & McClatchey Elementary
T.E. Baxter Elementary
T.E. Baxter Elementary
Required Documentation for Enrollment:
- Driver’s License
- Child’s Social Security card
- Child’s official birth certificate
- Two proofs of residency: Mortgage statement, lease agreement, or closing document and either a current (within last 30 days) electric, gas, or water bill showing the physical address.
- Child’s complete immunization record:
-Kindergarten MUST be immunized for DTP, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hep-A, Hep-B, and Varicella (Chickenpox)
-Pre-Kindergarten MUST be immunized for the above Kindergarten vaccines in addition to HIB and Pneumococcal Conjugate