PreKindergarten Approval for the 2021-2022 school year is open! Enrollment is now open!
Please see Step 1 below for 21-22 Approval Process.
Facebook Event for Parent Information will be on April 27th: 7:00 p.m. English and 7:30 p.m. for Spanish, and posted here soon.
We Are Excited to have Your Child in Our District!
Welcome to Pre-K Enrollment!
- Pre-kindergarten hours are 7:30am - 2:00pm
- Transportation will not be provided.
Pre-Kindergarten State Requirements:
For the 2021-2022 school year: Children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2021
For the 2020-2021 school year on or before September 1, 2020.
AND for this school year and the 21-22 school year, your child must qualify by meeting one of the following criteria:
- unable to speak or comprehend the English language; or
- educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program)
- Click HERE to see income level qualifications (This is the qualifying income until July 2021).
- homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302 and 11434,
- the child receives Medicaid Free or Medicaid Reduced benefits
- the child attended a public school for PreK 3 year old program
- have a parent that is on active military duty, or a child of an injured, disabled, or deceased member of the armed forces,
- is, or ever has been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- is the child of a person who has been nominated for or received the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
How do I begin the enrollment process for my child?
STEP ONE: Approval of Eligibility
- FOR 21-22 SCHOOL YEAR, NEXT SCHOOL YEAR - Complete Eligibility for Approval by clicking SKYWARD. If you need assistance in getting a login for Skyward, please email Skyward.Student@misd.gs
- You will need to upload into Skyward verification documents for how your child meets the qualifications.
STEP TWO: Enrollment
FOR 21-22 SCHOOL YEAR - NEXT SCHOOL YEAR: ENROLLMENT OPENS APRIL 26. At that time, more information will be coming!
Gather the below required documents for online enrollment:
- Driver’s License
- Child’s Social Security card
- Original State Issued Birth Certificate (copy must be made at school)
- Need a Birth Certificate? If your child was born in Texas, a copy may be obtained at Ellis County Courthouse. For information call 972-825-5070. If your child was born out of state, consult the State of birth for information.
- Two proofs of residency: Mortgage statement, lease agreement, or closing document and either a current (within last 30 days) electric, gas, or water bill showing the physical address.
- Child’s complete immunization record:
- Kindergarten MUST be immunized for DTP, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hep-A, Hep-B, and Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Pre-Kindergarten MUST be immunized for the above Kindergarten vaccines in addition to HIB and Pneumococcal Conjugate vaccine
In mid-summer, parents will receive an email to finalize the enrollment process of their child in Midlothian ISD.
For more information please contact Becki Krsnak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where will my child attend Pre-K?
To determine your child's home campus, visit our school mapping tool here. Based upon enrollment numbers, there is a possibility your child may not attend PreK at their home campus. Parents will be notified upon acceptance and documentation completion as to the PreK campus their child will attend for the 2020-2021 school year.