The Midlothian ISD Pre-kindergarten enrollment process will open again for the 2022-2023 school year on July 13, 2022.
Welcome to Pre-K Enrollment!
- Pre-kindergarten hours are 7:30am - 3:00pm
- Transportation will not be provided.
Pre-Kindergarten State Requirements:
For the 2022-2023 school year: Children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2022.
AND your child must qualify by meeting one of the following criteria:
- unable to speak or comprehend the English language; or
- educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program)
- Click HERE to see income level qualifications (This is the qualifying income until July 2023).
- homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302 and 11434,
- the child receives Medicaid Free or Medicaid Reduced benefits
- the child attended a public school for PreK 3 year old program
- have a parent that is on active military duty, or a child of an injured, disabled, or deceased member of the armed forces,
- is, or ever has been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- is the child of a person who has been nominated for or received the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
How do I begin the enrollment process for my child?
STEP ONE: Approval of Eligibility
- FOR 22-23 SCHOOL YEAR, NEXT SCHOOL YEAR - Complete Eligibility for Approval by clicking SKYWARD. If you need assistance in getting a login for Skyward, please email Skyward.Student@misd.gs
- You will need to upload into Skyward verification documents for how your child meets the qualifications.
STEP TWO: Enrollment
This will all be completed in the Skyward link above. Please also contact your proposed campus PEIMS person for more information and for approval.
Gather the below required documents for online enrollment:
- Driver’s License
- Child’s Social Security card
- Original State Issued Birth Certificate (copy must be made at school)
- Need a Birth Certificate? If your child was born in Texas, a copy may be obtained at Ellis County Courthouse. For information call 972-825-5070. If your child was born out of state, consult the State of birth for information.
- Two proofs of residency: Mortgage statement, lease agreement, or closing document and either a current (within last 30 days) electric, gas, or water bill showing the physical address.
- Child’s complete immunization record:
- Kindergarten MUST be immunized for DTP, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hep-A, Hep-B, and Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Pre-Kindergarten MUST be immunized for the above Kindergarten vaccines in addition to HIB and Pneumococcal Conjugate vaccine
For more information please contact Becki Krsnak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where will my child attend Pre-K?
To determine your child's home campus, visit our school mapping tool here. Based upon enrollment numbers, there is a possibility your child may not attend PreK at their home campus. Parents will be notified upon acceptance and documentation completion as to the PreK campus their child will attend for the 2022-2023 school year.